Rainbow Medical Services Limited (RMS):
Position: RGN Nurse Case Manager
Full Time: (40 hours per week, Monday- Friday 08:30am-17:30am
Remuneration: £41,600 pro rata with access to RMS pool cars and fantastic benefits
Location: South West London (travel within other London boroughs needed at times)
Rainbow Medical Services (RMS) support clients with complex care needs in their own homes and within the local community. We are now building our team and looking for an RGN to join our existing RGN case management team. Our clients require nursing and care support with a variety of conditions including tracheostomy care.
You will work mostly in the community, assessing and reviewing individual care packages and providing practical supervision and instruction to our support workers. You will be instrumental in providing clinical expertise and guidance to staff in the field and delivering outstanding quality care to our clients.
The ideal candidate will have a current, valid NMC registration and at least two years practical, post qualifying experience in an acute setting. At this time we are specifically looking for a nurse who is competent and confident to supervise and train tracheostomy care to compliment the skills of our existing case management team. A full UK driving license is essential for this role although pool cars are available so car ownership is not essential.
Could this be the ideal role for me?
Would you like the opportunity to work as part of a nursing team supported by highly skilled tier 3 care and support workers, with up to 20 clients with different and acute illnesses? Are you a people person who embodies community and strives to excel? If you have answered yes to both of these questions we would like to hear from you!
- To carry out Individual Needs Assessments for new and potential clients.
- To conduct risk assessments as part of the Individual Needs Assessment and up-date these as required as part of the individual’s risk management.
- To be involved in the practical induction of new Care & Support Workers.
- To monitor all clients for service and Care & Support Worker satisfaction.
- To participate in Service User reviews and build relations with Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT).
- Be responsible for the efficient running of your own specific, defined areas and effectively monitor and support all clients.
- To support care team in achieving complex care competencies and sign off all care workers competence forms (Carer workers in designated team).
- At least 2 years practical experience within an acute setting and a commitment to delivering high quality patient care.
- Competent and confident to supervise and train tracheostomy care
- Experience of working with service users and managing expectations of commissioners and the wider support network.
- Experience of mentoring, coaching and/or training
- Embedding improvements and sharing best practice
- Full UK Driving License
Rewards & Benefits
In return for your hard work as one of our RGN – Case Managers, you will be entitled to a great range of benefits including:
- 28 Days (including bank holidays) Paid annual leave
- Free in-house complex care training- With support on relevant external courses
- Company pension scheme
- Death in Service benefit
- Birthday Celebrations
- Use of company vehicles
- Positive and Inclusive Office environment-
Your new role will be field based but you will provide an administrative function, whereby you will assess new clients’ needs and review documentation such as care plans for our existing client base.
If you are an RGN who wants to develop your skills in a community setting, supporting clients who would otherwise be restricted to institutional care, we would like to hear from you. You can be part of leading the way into the future of complex nursing and care services outside of a hospital setting.